The defender of "Loko" in the match against "Minsk" became the leader of his team in interceptions (4) and assists (3 – level with Devon Akun-Purcell).
- What are your impressions of the game with Minsk?
- – First of all, happy victory to everyone – all the spectators who were in the Basket Hall this evening, the whole Locosemya! We really felt the energy that was transmitted to us from the stands. My main impression is that it's great that so many people were at the match. I wanted to buy a couple of tickets to my friends a few hours before the start – and there were no empty seats on the first tier! I am pleasantly surprised by how many fans came to support us at the match against a team that is not among the favorites of the league. Thank you very much to all of you!
- Was it difficult to find motivation before this game?
- – It's even harder to play with outsiders in some ways than with favorites, because it means that you have to win anyway. And God forbid you lose. And I will say that this is my third year in the main team, and in my memory, Minsk always fights with us, in every game. In the first round match, we only started to break away by the big break. Today we have created a more or less comfortable reserve only in the middle of the third quarter. At the big break, the coach said that we should add aggression in defense, especially on the players who throw and drive the ball at Minsk. Also, Andriukha Martyuk did not play with us, so the aggressiveness in the fight for selection decreased. But as soon as we added what the coach asked for, the result came.
- Loko scored only 5 three-pointers out of 28 today. How would you comment on this fact?
- – I missed all three of my long shots myself – what can I say here? I will work, improve the percentage. Because against the teams we have to play in the second stage, we need to score three-pointers much better.
Share with Friends: