Loko defender shared his expectations from the upcoming match in Yekaterinburg against Uralmash, and told why the game in the capital of the Sverdlovsk region will be special for him.
- - You have a lot of ties with Ekaterinburg. What emotions did you go to the capital of the Sverdlovsk region with?
- - Yes, both in my career and in my personal life this city has left a big mark. It was there that I won my first medals of the adult championship (silver of the Super League-1 season-2021/22. - note from the club press service), it's also where I met my wife Camilla. I'm going to Ekaterinburg with a great mood, and I intend, like the rest of the team, to keep that mood by winning.
- - Uralmash is a debutant in the VTB United League, but has already made some noise by beating Zenit on the road. What are your expectations for the upcoming game?
- - Their rookie status shouldn't mislead anyone. The Uralians made it clear from the first game, in the match with St. Petersburg, where they won, that they won't be easy for anyone. They have assembled a serious squad. The coaching staff has a whole roster of good players, both Russians and foreigners. "Uralmash" is an ambitious team from a city with a long basketball tradition. At home they will play only to win. We expect a tough game, with a lot of fighting. But we are well prepared for it. The coaches have made a good analysis of the opponent, we are reviewing both individual players and their team play in general. We had enough time for that after the victorious match with IBA. We intend to play our best basketball and win.
- - Which of the opponents should you pay special attention to?
- - I probably wouldn't single out anyone personally. "Uralmash, under the guidance of experienced coach Milos Pavicevic, shows good team basketball, and the roster is balanced. It's always difficult to play with such a team, especially away.
Share with Friends: