The Loko forward spoke about his impressions of the victory over Zenit and shared his expectations from the match with UNICS.
- What, in your opinion, was the key factor in the victory over Zenit?
- – We played together as a team. We moved the ball well, everyone tried to find an open partner with a pass. And they gave everything to the maximum.
- What do you think is the main strength of UNICS? Who is the most dangerous in their composition?
- – They are all dangerous – moreover, both by individual play and by team interactions. You can't just get 21 wins with just one defeat in a season. Even if the players of UNICS start badly, they know how to eventually turn the course of the game in their favor – we saw this at the end of the match against Nizhny Novgorod. I am looking forward to meeting with Kazan residents. It will be interesting to see what we can do against them at this stage of the tournament. Plus, I want to see Vince Hunter – I remember him from the French championship.
- In addition to Hunter, there are enough overall basketball players with a lot of playing experience in the UNICS team. And you are more of a powerful forward than a center in your role. What can you oppose to the Kazan "bigmen"?
- – Against those who are taller than me, I try to play at the expense of speed. Besides, I have quite long arms. The fact that I know how to act quickly with them gives me certain trumps against the opponent's big centers.
- How is your adaptation at Loco going? Do you feel 100% ready, or is there still room to improve your playing conditions?
- – According to my feelings, I adapted quite well. I have figured out our combinations, I understand exactly what the coach wants from me in this or that situation, so that I can give my energy to the maximum benefit on the court. But, of course, I still have something to improve. For example, accuracy on free throws. And some protective interactions also need to be tightened.
Share with Friends: